If you didn’t catch the first edition you can pop over to this post where we featured Baby Gear 0-3 Months: Clothes, Sleeping, Nursery & Diapering.
*can we just talk about how tiny E is in this photo? She is only 1 month old!
- NEEDED: Towels, Wash Clothes & Body Wash-We purchased two JJ Cole Hooded Towel and wash cloth sets, we only bathe E 2-3 times per week so this has been perfect for us. We were gifted a package of wash clothes at our baby shower which have been great because we use at least two during bath time and it’s nice to have extras on hand. As for body wash we use California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Body Wash and we love it. We also use California Baby Overtired & Cranky Bubble Bath for days when we want to just doe a more relaxing soak than a full on wash or cranky days (it really is calming).
- UNNECESSARY: Plastic Bath Tub- We debated getting one of those plastic baby bath tubs but then decided instead of spending a bunch of money on a tub and then having to also find a place to store it we would go with a bath pad. We decided to go with the Leachco Safer Bath Infant Pad which goes right in the tub and we just hang it up to dry and store- so easy and inexpensive!
- NEEDED: Car Seat- This is an obvious one because you can’t even leave the hospital without one. We purchase the Chicco Keyfit 30 because of the positive reviews and the fact that it was compatible with our stroller (more on that). We also received an Evenflo carseat from our birthing center (pretty cool eh?) that has been great because we have been using it in my parents car.
- NEEDED: Stroller- It took us a really long time to decide on a stroller but after discussing things and weighing our options we decided to go with the BOB Revolution SE. This was a huge purchase for us but we are only 4 months in and we are in LOVE with this stroller. It is great to run with, it’s easy to transport and has such a smooth ride. In addition to the stroller we also purchased the Chicco infant carseat attachment (a must) and the handle bar console. The handle bar console might not be a must everyone but for us it has been great to have and I love the zip pocket to hold my keys and phone and the beverage holder for my water.
- NEEDED: Babywearing- We love babywearing and unless we are going a long distance we usually babywear over stroller pushing. For the first two months we loved using the Boba Wrap, E took to it and we loved it because it was lighter than the MOBY. Neil was a huge fan of the Ergo Bundle Of Joy and it was great for longer periods of wear and for maneuvering E in and out of, plus Neil looks pretty sexy wearing it (don’t take my word for it though see here). I also loved the Maya Wrap Ring Sling which is so different than the other two. Neil wasn’t as much of a fan and had a more challenging time getting it to fit him right but it’s one of those things you just need to try over and over again.
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT: Stroller Caddy- We found that the BOB is pretty much great overall however it is a little big for things like shopping and going out to dinner so we decided to purchase the Chicco Keyfit Caddy Stroller Frame. I tried one of those universal frames that are $40 cheaper but they weren’t as easy to fold and unfold and didn’t have as smooth of a push to them so we spent the extra (actually I had two coupons so we got a good deal). It has been beneficial for us to have the caddy but we didn’t purchase it until 6 weeks and I wish we had purchased it at the beginning because I know we are now getting to the point where we are going to use it less as E is getting big enough for an umbrella stroller.