What Edith’s Reading:
- Peek-a-Boo, Baby! Animals: We have been reading this for months now but Edith went from loving the peek-a-boo and animals to falling in love with the babies in the book. She has developed a little bit of a crush on the baby boy on the penguin page and babbles and squeals when she sees him.
- Sesame Street Who am I?: This book was actually mine as a child and was one of my favorites. We love to read it with Edith and she loves Cookie Monster and Grover (I think it’s the bright blue).
- Good Night Vermont: We received this book as a shower gift and alternate reading it to Edith at bed time. I love the book as well and now that we don’t live in Vermont it is a little reminder of our old home.
- Touch and Feel Baby Animals: We have had this book for a long time and I used to take Edith’s hand and try to get it open and have her touch them but I was pretty unsuccessful. Nowadays she reaches out coos and babbles and strokes the animals; her favorite is the bunny.
- Guess How Much I Love You: Neil reads this to Edith most nights and I just love to listen to him read it to her. It’s a really sweet story of a baby bunny and his dad and there friendly competition to see loves each other more.
- Good Night Oregon: Obviously we had to buy this when we moved out here. Now we have added it to our bedtime rotation and although I like it I think I prefer Good Night VT.
What Lindsay’s Reading:
- The Devil in the White City: This is a really great book and I have been slowly making my way through it over the past month. I am hoping to finish it in the next week or so, now that I have time to read. The book follows two intertwining stories one about the Chicago World’s Fair and the other about H.H. Holmes, America’s first serial killer. Like I said so far a really great read.
- The Doula Book: This book I am reading for my future career path! Yes I am hoping to become a doula in the next 2-3 years.
- Baby Led Weaning: Since we have started solids I am reading all kinds of baby food books and theories. It is such an interesting and exciting time and also a little nerve racking as well.
What Neil is Reading:
- 11/22/63: “11/22/63 is a novel by Stephen King about a time traveler who attempts to prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy which occurred on November 22, 1963.” Wikipedia Neil is currently enjoying the book and will let you know what he thinks next month!