As most of you have noticed from our weekend snapshot posts we love to get out and explore. We love to strap Edith into a baby carrier and walk around for hours exploring shops, sites and stopping for a bite to eat or a warm cup of coffee. Ever since we started babywearing I have been longing for a carrier that is more compact and easy to throw into the diaper bag so when we go out on our weekend adventures or travel to far off places we always have something with us to wear Edith in.
Well I (and you) don’t have to wait any longer Ergobaby has come out with a new carrier, the Stowaway, that folds right up and can be taken anywhere with ease. The best part is it only weighs 1lb so not only is it lighter to carrier it is also lighter to wear.
I love that…
– I can put this carrier on by myself without any help at all.
– It folds up and fits nicely into my diaper bag.
– Edith enjoys being in it.
– It is comfortable on my shoulders and back.
– It is lighter than my Bundle of Joy carrier.
– I can easily nurse in it (big bonus).
I don’t love…
– That the sun shield hangs loosely on the head, however this is easily fixed by wrapping the sun shield strap around the shoulder strap before buttoning.
– My husband who is 5’9″ has difficulties tightening the straps himself once he gets it on.
– The compactness of this carrier shortens the body of the carrier, the straps and places the straps closer together which is fine now but I worry about Edith’s comfort when she is bigger (if you have an older/bigger child that you use this with I’d love to hear your thoughts).
Overall the things I love really outweigh the minor things I don’t love. This has easily become our most used carrier since we received it. If you are looking for a light weight, compact carrier to have in your diaper bag or for travel I really recommend trying the Ergobaby Stowaway.
Disclaimer: Ergobaby provided me with this carrier at no cost. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.