So, I thought I had set a pretty easily attainable set of goals for April. I did a pretty horrible job of most of my goals. I really was fairly confident that I would hit most of the goals and don’t really have a good reason as to why I didn’t. Hey, I couldn’t even get the goals review in in a timely manner. So with out further adieu, my April 2013 goals in review:
- Finish Lindsay’s 100 Mile Challenge – This is one I wasn’t sure that I could do, and it’s one of the few I actually accomplished. I biked, ran and walked to meet this goal. At the end of the month, I clocked in at 117 miles. (Those are just the miles I tracked, I’m sure there were plenty more)
- Bike to work at least 10 times this month – Despite the unseasonably dry and beautiful weather we’ve had, I only biked to work 6 times this month. There’s no reason I can’t bike to work twice a week aside from the fact that I dilly dally a lot through the morning, doing dishes, playing with Edith and checking the internet.
- Finish my 5 mile Earth Day race with a 10:00 min/mile pace – We ran the course the weekend before the race and determined that the course was not safe for Lindsay to do with a stroller. There were a number of really steep hills as well as one pretty drastic drop off on the trails.
- Do yoga at least once a week – I may have done yoga once the entire time. I can’t really count the times that I did downward dog when I stretched before a run or trying to get Edith to imitate it.
- Take at least 10 pictures I am happy with – I have had a lot of fun with the camera this month. I’ve been playing with exposure and with different subject matter. I’ve been having fun doing candid pictures of Edith and close ups of flowers and nature while experimenting with aperture. See the gallery below for 10 photos I’ve chosen that I’m fairly happy with. They are certainly not perfect, but for the most part, they’re pictures that turned out well and turned out as close to how I had expected as I could hope for.
- Go for at least one hike – I did a couple trail runs through the local nature park. I will consider this 50% complete as it’s not really a hike.