I haven’t participated in Munchkin Meals since Edith was 12 months! Edith is quite the eater and if you follow my instagram or our NF instagram you can see that. She is pretty much obsessed with food and loves to try new things. We try to be pretty relaxed when it comes to Edith and her eating schedule and besides lunch and dinner I provide her snacks through the day when she requests them. She has become pretty good at letting us know when she wants to eat by signing to us or if she is particularly hungry she might just have a mini break down.
6:30am: Breakfast: she literally wakes up asking to eat most mornings.
Post Nap (between 2-3pm): Snack
Between 5:30-6: Dinner
(yes you might have noticed that nursing did not make the schedule….that post will come soon).
We eat a variety of foods in our house and throughout the month you don’t often see too many repeat meals so Edith is getting a good variety of foods. She eats basically what we eat and while she doesn’t always love everything she does a pretty good job of trying everything on her plate. This is a habit I am happy we are getting into now because we really want to encourage her to continue to try foods over and over again.
Here are some samples of what she eats for meals and snacks:
- Coconut yogurt and granola
- Two sliced of toast with coconut oil and banana
- Mixed fruit plate (example: dates, tangerines, banana)
- Tofu scramble with mushrooms, onions and nutritional yeast
- Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
- Bagels with tofutti or vegan cashew shmear
- Hummus, veggies and pita
- Beans, veggies and rice or quinoa with tahini sauce
- Veggie Burger with mushrooms and onions and spinach, avocado and fruit
- Avocado and hummus sandwich, cucumber slices and fruit
- Leftovers from dinner
- Curried carrot noodles with veggies and udon noodles
- Bean chili with sour supreme
- Curried lentils with rice and veggies
- Tofu Scramble wraps with potatoes
- Vegan Mac and Cheeze with peas and broccoli
- Vegan Pizza with pesto, veggies and soy curls
- Buddha bowls
- Mamma Chia Packets
- Trail mix usually with raisins, dried cranberries, pecans and pumpkin seeds
- Whole grain crackers
- Fresh Fruit
- Apple sauce
- Dried fruit
- Freeze Dried Peas
- Fruit & veggie leathers
So those are Edith’s current eats! I hope to do this post monthly now or at least not every 6 months!
What is your munchkin enjoying right now? What were your favorite meals as a child?
Thank you Brittany for hosting! You can find more Munchkin Meals on her blog.