The newest addition to our wrap collection is the Wrapsody Stretch-Hybrid in the beautiful color/pattern Aphrodite. As you all know babywearing is a big part of our lives and I have quite the diverse collection of carriers. I actually just had to de-stash some of my carriers because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and many of the ones we bought when we were first pregnant with Edith just aren’t ones that we use at all anymore. Anyways since becoming a babywearing educator I have really gotten more interested in wrapping and while I prefer woven wraps I know that there are those out there who love their stretch wraps so I have been on the lookout for the best stretchy wrap options.
This stretch-hybrid wrap is super soft, light weight and supportive. I recently wore it on a hike and Alder and I faired well with carrier. I did find that when he moved around, well basically tried to fling himself backwards out of it at one point because we wanted to nurse and we hadn’t arrived to a spot for me to easily stop and nurse, that it did start to loosen a bit but otherwise it worked well.
One of the major things that is different about this carrier versus a stretchy carrier is that you can safely wear your baby on your back. The wrap has a bit of stretch but is secure enough for you to get baby in a proper and secure seated position on your back. The only major con for me for back carries is that the wrap is a bit too long for my preferred back carries. Despite the length of the wrap being a bit long for me I do find that I am able to get both Edith and Alder in secure carries that last for a long time without losing positioning.
Overall I really like this wrap and it is one that I have come to use on a regular basis. There are a few cons that I have listed below but nothing that would deter me from recommending this wrap. Check out my pros and cons to see what I thought of this wrap.
- Stretch-Hyrid giving you the softness of a stretchy wrap with more of the secureness of a woven.
- Supports children up to 35lbs – you can use it with your newborn or your toddler!
- Folds up small into a zip carrying case for easy transport
- Easy to nurse in!
- Comes in a variety of colors – I love the Aprhrodite and the Hammy.
- Under $100.
- Fairly Traded.
- Machine Washable.
- Great tutorial videos – although I do have one con about these (see below).
- Length. This is my number one con because I just find it to be a bit too long for me. I wish like the Wrapsody Breeze that this one came in sizes.
- The tutorial videos are great and really show you a variety of ways to wear your babies but I find that they are a bit rushed.
- While there are a variety of colors in the wraps I’d love to see some solid colors.