I just received an e-mail in my inbox from TheBump.com informing me of the 10 must-dos before labor. Now, we already have a list of our own but I was curious to see what they had to say. Here are their 10 must-dos:
- Take a birthing class. This we have already done. We took a birthing class, a couples yoga for labor and birth class, a natural baby care class and a breastfeeding class.
- See a movie. This is on our list to do especially since we have a few passes that we need to use up! Now what should we go see?
- Know the breastfeeding basics. As I mentioned above we took a breastfeeding class and we also briefly talked about breastfeeding in our natural baby care class.
- Pack your hospital bag. This is something we still need to do and it is on the agenda to do this weekend. What did you pack in your bag?
- Program important numbers into your phone — and your partner’s phone. This is something I was just telling Neil that we need to do, he needs to add our doulas number and our placenta encapsulation persons (not sure the technical name) number into his phone. We both already have all the birthing center and midwife numbers in our phones.
- Freeze some meals, or round up takeout menus. We haven’t done this at all yet. I planned on picking up some easy frozen options at the grocery store soon, such as veggie burgers, sweet potato fries, frozen veggies, etc. We also have a CSA that starts next week so we will have lots of fresh veggies to make up salads and quick meals. We did stock up on almond butter and quinoa on our last Costco trip which are both great to have on hand. What are your favorite meals to freeze?
- Get a crib and wash the sheet. Well we have the crib and it’s been set up for awhile. We also have a pack n’ play which will be set up in our room and likely used at night for the first few months. I spent all evening yesterday washing baby clothes and baby accessories.
- Install the car seat. Another thing that needs to be done. This weekend we are planning to clean out the car and give it a good vacuuming, etc. and then we will be ready to install the car seat.
- Make a labor playlist. We started thinking about this last week but I haven’t worked on it much lately. This is on my list of things to do as well as finding a good set of speakers to bring with us since our birth center only has a CD player not an mp3 hookup.
- Read a novel. Honestly I don’t know if this is going to be possible in the next four weeks to do. I have a number of parenting/baby books I want to read but no specific novels right now.
What is on your list of things to do before labor? In addition to those listed above we also want to get the house as organized and clean as possible, work on a number of blog posts and find time to do a few more “just the two of us” things.