I was planning to write about my Top 10 Labor & Delivery Fears but as I began to write this post I found that only three fears really stood out for me.
- Not making it to the birthing center. I know that this baby is not going to come in a matter of minutes and our midwives have assured us that we are fine to head down when I am having contractions around 5 minutes apart but the 75 minute drive to our birth center still makes me nervous. I do not want to have the baby in the back of our car!
- Having a C-Section. At 31 weeks, we found out that the baby was breech and although there was still plenty of time for them to turn, I was still nervous that they wouldn’t and I’d end up with a c-section. A c-section means a longer recovery time and I really want to have a natural vaginal birth. After regularly doing supported bridge and other poses that are meant to help with a breech baby, the baby turned head down.
- Laboring forever. I mean honestly who wants to labor forever? I know I have little control over how long I do labor, but I am hoping that it isn’t for hours and hours on end.
What were/are your labor and delivery fears?
- The Bump.com: Top 10 Labor & Delivery Fears
- Pregtastic: Top 10 Labor & Delivery Fears