I can’t believe I haven’t done an update since 3 months!! Oh boy how things have changed since then.
Lets see we sold our Bummis prefolds and covers because the just weren’t going to work for us. Edith is on the smaller side and the Bummis prefolds were just too bulky and the covers were terrible. We never really used them except for the newborn covers which we only used for a short period of time before switching to Thirsties. Overall Bummis was an unfortunate waste of money because even though we sold them we ended up taking a loss but oh well.
We used the Two Thirsties Duo Wraps and Six inserts up until January but despite really liking the covers the microfiber inserts were terrible. I really have nothing good to say about the inserts they got really funky and rough. I also don’t love using covers with just prefolds or inserts.
Other diapers that didn’t work for us because of either fit and/or the horrible microfiber inserts were Glow Bug Cloth Diaper, Dinkledooz Cloth Diaper, Bum Genius Freetime and Bum Genius 4.0. We ended up selling all of these and purchasing some new diapers.
So now that we have gotten what didn’t work for us out of the way lets get down to what diapers we have really liked:
As a newborn:
- Bum Genius all-in-one newborn: LOVED LOVE LOVED these ones. They fit perfectly for Edith’s little newborn butt.
- Omaiki Cloth Diaper: This is an AIO we liked this one as a newborn-5 months but lately it just hasn’t fit great. We still use it as a back up but not our favorite any longer.
- Ones&Twos Cloth Diaper: These were an AIO that should have continued to work after Edith’s newborn days however once she passed about 3.5 months this one started to leak even with the extra soaker pad.
- FuzziBunz size x-small: Loved this one except for stuffing it as it was a little challenging but the fit was great.
Once Edith reached around 10lbs+
- FuzziBunz size small: Although I am not a huge fan of microfiber I find the FuzziBunz inserts to be decent enough and the fit to be good.
- Charlie Banana size small: I would have to say out of all of the microfiber inserts this one is my favorite. We also have a size medium but Edith has grown into it yet.
- Applecheeks Cloth Diaper: We love our Applecheeks and use the bamboo inserts which are really great. We actually debated buying more of these but because they are two sizes and we were looking to replenish our stock immediately it just didn’t work out. Unfortunately we would have had to buy more size ones that wouldn’t last us very long (big investment) and then still have to buy size twos shortly after which would cost us more money. If we had known about Applecheeks when we first started cloth diapering we probably would have just bought these ones and no others but alas that isn’t the case.
- Applecheeks Swim Diaper: We love our Appecheeks swim diaper! It fits perfectly and it’s super cute.
- Tots Bots: We bought three of these- two snaps and one Velcro- we really like these ones (btw we bought the newest version). The fit is really great and they come in super cute patterns. I have to say I like the snaps better because they fit around the leg a little snugger but the velcro is a little easier to use.
- gDiapers: These are our last and final purchase of cloth diapers. I am going to do a more indepth review of these but I have to say so far we really like them. We use the gDiapers hemp/microfiber inserts as well as the disposables.
Coming up Using Disposables, gDiapers Review, Applecheeks Review, Tots Bots Review and Wipes (Cloth v. Disposable). So if you have any questions on any of these topics (or anything else) please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or you can tweet us or follow us on Facebook.