*This post is sponsored by OXO and is 100% my own opinion.*
This summer Neil and I decided to start our own MeetUp.com group for families with children three and younger. We have been part of a few other MeetUp groups and while they all have their pro’s and con’s one of the biggest con’s has been that there haven’t been many family centric or dad friendly MeetUp groups so we decided to start our own. Throughout the week we plan MeetUp’s at parks, playgrounds, happy hours, and young child friendly events and museums.
This morning I was packing up my diaper bag getting ready to head out to one a MeetUp and decided to take a moment to show you what I take with us. It has been a bit of learning curve these past 12 months to figure out what I really need to take and what can stay home but now I think I’ve got it (most of the time anyways). So let’s take a look inside my bag:
- Wallet because of course mama needs to have her license and money to pay for things.
- A snack because moms get hungry too in this case I have a bag of Blue Diamond Almonds.
- Keys so we can lock the house and get places
- A tote this is for carrying things such as wet clothes or goodies we buy when we are out. We have a whole stash of ChicoBag ones that are so easy to take everywhere with us.
- Hand sanitizer: perfect for post diaper changes in the backseat of the car and for those times when there is no place to wash your hands.
- Cellphone: Not photographed but always with me.
- Wet Ones- Kids: These are great when we are on the go and have no where to wash Edith’s hands before giving her a snack or after playing in the dirt.
- A packet: We are all about real foods but sometimes having a quick and convenient squeeze packet is just what the baby ordered to keep her happy when we she is in need of a snack.
- Water Cup: Since Edith is nursing a little less, especially when we are out and about, I have to remember to bring her water with us so she stays hydrated. I fill her water cup and it’s ready for her whenever she desires.
- Snack Cup: We have a few different snack cups but currently this OXO Tot Formula Dispenser is my favorite one. We have never used formula but this dispenser is awesome because it has three compartments making it great for stashing three different snack options.
- An Outfit: Honestly most of the time I should be bringing an outfit change for both of us (and dad) but today I just brought one for Edith.
- Diapers: Since we had short outing I brought two cloth diapers and the mini wet bag (not shown). We go back and forth with using cloth, disposable and gDiapers. Today I had cloth ones ready to go so that is what we used.
- Wipes: This is my favorite new addition to my diaper bag, the OXO tot On The Go Wipes container. It holds a good amount of wipes and is super easy to use. You can even hang it right from the stroller for easy access if you’d like and it opens at the press of a button.
- Sunscreen Stick: I like the stick version of sunscreen because it is so much easier to put on Edith’s little body than the lotion type. It doesn’t get everywhere and honestly she tolerates me putting it on her a little better.
- A book: We never leave the house without a book and today’s book of choice was Mr. Brown Can MOO! Can You? This is one of Edith’s all time favorites and I have to say I really enjoy it too.
- A Toy: I don’t like to carry around anything big but I always like to bring some sort of small toy. Today we brought an egg shaker which can be used to shake, toss and roll.
That pretty much sums up what’s in my diaper bag for a quick MeetUp outing. I just bought myself a new diaper bag for our upcoming trip so stay tuned to see what goes in my diaper bag: Flight Edition.
What are your diaper bag essentials?
Need great on-the-go tot solutions? Enter to win $70 in gear from OXO tot.