KIND and Sprout have teamed up to launch Operation Kind Kids – a program designed to inspire kindness through everyday thoughtful acts. On May 31st, as part of its Kindness Counts initiative KIND and Sprout will be hosting family-friendly events across the country. Preschoolers and caregivers are invited to attend and discover new ways to incorporate kindness into their daily routines.
Here in Portland this event will be held at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI).
WHAT: The special event, aimed at teaching kids the importance of being kind, will feature a variety of activity stations, including:
- Get creative: Kids will have the chance to express what kindness means to them and share their vision as part of a collage wall.
- A kind act a day: Attendees will take home a calendar to track daily kind acts
- Pay it forward: Nothing brightens someone’s day quite like a flower, which is why kids will be invited to pick a flower and share it with someone in their life.
- Strike a pose: The whole family will have the chance to capture their experience in front of a fun photo backdrop
- Snack better: KIND Healthy Grains bars will be on hand for parents and their little ones to enjoy
Admittance will be free with the cost of museum admission ($13.00/adults, $9.50/kids, kids 3 and under are free)
WHEN: Saturday, May 31 from 11:00am – 2:00pm
Neil and Edith will be at the event and hope to see you there!
Not in Portland? Check here to for more details and to find an Operation Kind Kids event near you!
Disclaimer: Neil is receiving free admission to OMSI in order to attend this event. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
What a great event to highlight! I participated (by chance) in a Kind event where they were passing out a rose stem, and each receiver was then supposed to pass on the rose stem/kindness to another person!
This is such a sweet sounding event. I received an e-mail about it. I wish we could attend.
Great event! KIND is such a fantastic company, and I love how they support some of our best family spots like OMSI. Sounds fun!
I know I wish I was going but I have another event! Neil and Edith will enjoy it though!
I’m hoping my husband takes the kids to this, it really sounds like a great event. I’ll be at BabyFest – I heard you’ll be there, too! And I thought I wouldn’t see you again before this baby arrives 😉
I’ll be there with Ergo! Neil & Edith are going to go to BabyFest for a bit as well – it’s going to be a busy day for them between OMSI and BabyFest! See you this weekend!