Disclaimer: I was provided with my very own bumpBox this month in exchange for this review. As always all opinions are my own.
bumpBox carefully handpicks and designs each box. After filling out our questionnaire, they will be able to select products based on your preferences and current pregnancy stage of the mom-to-be.
“Can’t Wait to Show You” Board Book: This book comes from the Belly Books Collection and retails for $15. It is a sweet book for you to read to your baby while you are pregnant as well as once they have arrived. The book is designed to sit comfortably on top of your belly- a feature I think is really fun.
PlanJBodyandHome Lotion: This lotion comes from the PlanJBodyandHome Etsy shop and is mineral oil and paraben free. I received the mango sorbet scent and while the lotion goes on really smooth I am not a fan of the scent at all; I’m just not into super fruity scents. I unfortunately won’t be wearing this lotion and will be passing it on to a friend. I would like to try the lavender vanilla or vanilla fig that I found in the PlanJBodyandHome Etsy shop. These lotions retail for $8.
Hair Ties: Now these I am seriously obsessed with! These hair ties are created by a licensed cosmetologist and prevent your hair from becoming damaged and keep it crease free. I love, love the black and gold color and these are perfect for hot summer days and will be great when I am in labor. A pack of 5 hair ties retails for $8 directly from elle jay handmade so that would make a 3 pack around $5.
16 oz hot/cold Beverage Cup: Now this is probably the most used item in the box. Currently Neil has taken over it and is using it for his daily iced coffee. We both love it because it is double walled and it keeps water, coffee, iced tea and other beverages nice and cold. I also love the that it comes with a straw as well. Neither of us have used it with hot beverages yet because it’s simply too hot out. I am not sure who this cup is by but a similar one on Amazon retails for $8
Yogi’s Mother to Be Pregnancy Tea: I actually haven’t drank any of this tea this entire pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Edith I loved it but this time around I have had less of an interest in teas. I did really enjoy this tea and am actually planning to make up a batch of iced tea with this box. A box of this tea generally retails for around $5.
Total Cost of bumpBox with shipping: $38 for a one month subscription
Total Value of 5 items: $41
- This is a really nice gift to give the mom-to-be. If someone sent me a box or one of their 3 or 6 month subscriptions I would be super happy.
- The total value of the 5 items included in my specific box out valued the total cost of the box with shipping.
- I love the little description card that comes with the box because not only does it tell what each item it is also has as blurb about why it is important for pregnancy. Example the hot/cold beverage cup discusses the benefits of drinking water and why it is important during pregnancy.
- The box introduces you to items that you may not have been aware of in the first place and ones that you might come to love. I myself am now loving the hair ties and I want to order more!
- The cost of the box does not include shipping so the total cost ends up being a little on the pricey side for 5 items.
- The description card doesn’t include the retail value of items; I had to research those all on my own. I would love to see the retail value included as well as all of the vendors.
- I didn’t love everything in my box. Now this is a con that is going to be dependent upon on each individual person. I think the box was filled with quality items I just wish that the lotion was a scent that I enjoyed more.
While I am not sure that I would order this box for myself I do think it’s a really great gift for the mom-to-be. It would be a great box to send a friend or family member upon finding out they are expecting or maybe you are unable to make a baby shower – this would be a great gift for the mom-to-be.
I am loving all these new subscription boxes!
The book’s bump curve is totally adorable. And YES to having a reliable hair tie for labor—the last thing you want is to be pushing hair out of your face when you’re dealing with contractions!
Such a cute idea. Great review!
Very cute. 🙂
That book is so precious! More books need to be shaped that way for reading to baby to be!
What a great gift for moms-to-be!
Tracy @ Restored Roots
What a neat idea! I’ve not heard of this before, maybe because I don’t have kids myself. I could see sending this to a new mom, if I couldn’t attend her shower. Thanks!
Now in the “Nana” stage of life, I can tell you the us “older moms” are always looking for cool stuff to send our expectant daughters. I love this idea.